Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Moving to Cape Town - the vet dilemma

When it comes to my animals I want to know that they are getting the proper – and the best – healthcare when they need it. In just the same way that I want to know that when I go to see a doctor I am seeing a professional who knows what they are doing.

Moving from one city to another means that, like your own doctor, your pet’s vet also has to change. And I had to find a Cape Town vet that was as good to my pets as their previous vet was. Living in busy Cape Town also means that I want a vet that is nearby, accessible and responsible with the decisions made as to my pet’s health.

So far the Cape Town vets I have dealt with seem to be very well trained and are genuinely caring and interested in the needs of my animals. It is not enough for me for a vet to just administer – I also want my animals to experience the least amount of stress possible when at the vet. Whether my pets are making their check up visit to the vet or whether they are going in for more serious reasons I want full peace of mind.

Cape Town is definitely up in the top rankings when it comes to cities who geniunely care about their pets.