Monday, June 22, 2009

Acrobatic Kitty

Cats are so acrobatic. I was gazing outside my window the other day, and I saw my cat literally climb up a very high wall. In essence, she “ran up” the wall and settled on the top, perched like she owned the entire world. Later that day, she came back onto my property from another side and an even higher wall. I was in the garden at the time, and when she saw me she started meowing and walking towards me on the thin ridge of the wall. I was so scared that she’d fall off. This wall is really very high, and I thought there’d be no way that she would chance dropping down from this height. I know there’s the saying that says a cat always lands on its feed, but this wall was seriously high. In one, fluid movement she again “ran down” the wall, reached the ground, and then looked at me as though it were the most natural thing in the world to do. I was amazed!