It's New Year's Eve and that means that you're probably going to be having a big party tonight! Good for you! We here at the MediPetBlog, SA Pet Lovers, all wish you and your pets a very happy New Year's celebration and a 2009 that is filled with success and happiness!
Don't forget about your pets this new year's eve celebration – most pet owners simply lock their furry friends inside before going out to celebrate, but they seldom realise how terrifying it can be when you're very small and there are a lot of big noises out there! Here are some things to think about this new year's eve before you go out on the town:
- Is there anyone nearby, such as an elderly friend or trusted neighbour, who is not going out tonight? Would they be available to give your pets the reassurance they need when firecrackers are being let off outside?
- If your pets are going to stay home alone, why not leave the TV on to soften the noises that are happening outside?
- Give your pets an extra tasty treat to keep them occupied while it gets very noisy outside
- Double check that all of the doors and windows are closed before you leave – you don't want any neighbourhood kids to get into your home while you are out, and you don't want your pets roaming outside unaccompanied.
- And, don't forget to let them know that you're home safe and sound, and that they're still number one!