Friday, July 10, 2009

Vet check-ups

It’s important to take your pet for regular check-ups at your local veterinarian. They should go for consultations at least once a year, where they can receive injections that protect them against a whole array of feline diseases, as well as vitamin and immune boosters. It also gives your vet a chance to inspect any other potential issues such as dental hygiene. When I last took my cat to the vet, the vet noticed that her teeth were unusually yellow, and there was some evidence of early deterioration. She suggested that I change her food to something specifically tailored towards oral care. The food she’s on now actually cleans her teeth and acts like a kind of toothbrush every time she bites into it. I’ve noticed a lot of differences: her breath smells fresher, which is good for both her and me.